- 1 (.25 oz) pkg active dry yeast
- 2 Tbs honey or 1 Tbs granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 ½ to 3 ¼ cups flour
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Pizza toppings of your choice! (Should freeze well)
- Plastic wrap or Tinfoil
- First we need to prepare the dough. Pour the water into a large bowl; sprinkle with yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, oil, and salt. Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Lightly brush another large bowl with a little olive oil. Place dough inside and drizzle a little oil over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead 1 or 2 times, forming into a round. Let rest for about 10 more minutes.
- Roll the dough out into the shape of a pizza. Cover a sheetpan with parchment paper and place the rolled out dough on top. Put in a 400 degree oven just for a couple minutes. The top of the dough should be dry, but still pale. Take it out and let it cool.
- The pizza crust should feel a lot like naan bread at this point. Once it’s cool, Cut the parchment paper around the crust. Add on all your sauce and toppings. Tightly. double wrap your pizza in plastic wrap and find a flat place in your freezer. Once they’re frozen, feel free to move them around and stack them on top of each other.
Pizza Dough based on Belly Full